This just in....

Tulip glass half full of a hazy, opaque beer.
13oz of Maybe I'm Wrong, a hazy IPA featuring
a bunch of NYS ingredients.  
 A break in our scheduled "fast" from beer. As mentioned, giving up beer for 40 days wasn't about subtracting something from my life--or trying to prove some point. It was more about adding in more healthy habits--the ones that often fade away through the holidays and into the heart of winter. 

So, I'm not going to beat myself up for breaking fast for a day this past weekend (yup less than a week into the 40 day exercise). Why? Because it was 70 friggin degrees and you don't get too many opportunities to sit outside with the love of your life and enjoy a pint on an early March day in Ithaca. 

And since I was breaking fast, I enjoyed it with a trifecta of our favorite experiences: a pint a Lucky Hare in Press Bay Alley, a pint at Liquid State after a nice walk with the doggos, and finished the evening with a pint on the deck. 

If it hits 70 degrees again before March is over (or a day trip to Rochester we're planning actually happens), I can't guarantee my fast won't temporarily be put on hold again, but the overall goal of adding healthy habits back into my routine is still taking root. 

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New England Craft Beer HoF

Beering in NY

Shiny New Pennies for 2019